|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
What does the National Alliance on Mental Illness do in Kansas?
- With our affiliates, we provide programs of education, support, and advocacy for people living with mental illness, their families and friends. See our listing of affiliates and support groups, their contact information and meeting schedules at the bottom of this page. Group information is subject to change. Contact the local group or NAMI Kansas by phone or e-mail to verify the current meeting schedule.
- We advocate for improved community-based care for people with mental illness, such as improved access to medication, housing, and supported employment.
- We work to improve institutions and organizations in Kansas that serve people with mental illness.
- We help show the importance of funding research on mental illness.
- We provide free education programs to the community regarding mental illness and its treatment.
- We advocate to eliminate discrimination and stigma against people with mental illness.
- Most NAMI activities are free of charge. You do not need to be a member to participate. But your membership and your contributions make NAMI stronger and better able to accomplish our important mission.