|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
(800) 950-NAMI; firstname.lastname@example.org
Overflow Hotel Information
Option 1: The Palmer House Hilton is located 7 blocks north of the Chicago Hilton at 17 E. Monroe Street – just one block west of Michigan Avenue.
Rate: $159/night plus tax for one king bed or two double beds
For reservations: call 1-877-865-5321 and use code: NAM or mention the NAMI room block.
Book ASAP (discounted rate is subject to availability)
Directions and Distance from the Chicago Hilton
Walking to the Chicago Hilton will take 15 minutes.
A cab ride will take 5 minutes.
And a very convenient city transit bus will take 10 minutes:
Walk one block east from the Palmer House on E. Monroe Street
to Michigan Avenue
- You can catch a city transit bus going south at the corner of S. Michigan Avenue and E. Monroe.
- Bus #3 and Bus #4 come by every 5 minutes.
- The bus will drop you off on S. Michigan Avenue in front of the Hilton
See Google Map Link
Option 2: Renaissance Hotel Blackstone Chicago (636 South Michigan Avenue; Chicago, IL 60605)
Location: A beautiful hotel located directly across the street form the Chicago Hilton)
Rate: $189/night plus tax. We suggest booking ASAP.
- by phone: 866-508-0261 and referencing the NAMI room block
- Online: click here
Good Deals/Less Amenities Hotel
Option 3: The Congress Plaza Hotel (520 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL. 60605)
Rate: $119 + tax for single/double occupancy up to 2 people in room (add $20/night for additional person sharing room.)
Payments: 1st room night & tax charge to individuals credit card non-refundable in case of no show
Cancellation hotel policy: 72 hrs prior to arrival date
- By phone: 1-800-635-1666 or 312/427-3800 Ext. 5025 and inform the reservation’s agent that you are attending the NAMI Annual Convention.
- On-line: click here
Deadline: June 1st (Book Early! discounted rate is subject to availability)
Location: Hotel is located 2 blocks north of the Chicago Hilton.
NOTE: The CongressPlaza is an older hotel that has not been recently renovated, but it offers good deals for less amenities. The CongressPlaza is a 2 star hotel (the Hilton is a 4 star hotel.) If you are traveling on a budget this is the best hotel price in the area.