|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
(800) 950-NAMI; email@example.com
All convention activities will be held at the beautiful Chicago Hilton Hotel720 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
NAMI’s room block at the Chicago Hilton is sold out.
Click Here for some suggestions on alternative hotels within walking distance of the Hilton.
Airline discounts to Chicago
We have arranged for airfare discounts on both United Airlines and AirTran Airways for convention attendees. You can save up to 10% on your ticket purchase with these discounts!
AirTran Airways - AirTran flies into Midway Airport. For a discounted AirTran flight, reservations must be made by calling the AirTran EventSavers Desk at 1-866-683-8368 and using the following event code: MDW070311. Reservations booked individually online will not qualify for the 10% discount. A great benefit of AirTran EventSavers is the ability for NAMI Convention Attendees to make a one-time change (name or itinerary) without having to pay the change fee; (however, any fare increases still apply.)
United Airlines - United flies into Chicago O’Hare Airport. Contact United directly at (800) 521-4041 and refer to:
NAMI Meeting Code: 590CF.
You will save even more money if you book your ticket on-line at www.united.com and use the NAMI meeting code. To receive the discount, click on “book flight” and enter your travel details. Then, at the bottom of the reservation request, click on “more search options” and type in the NAMI meeting code 590CF in the box labeled “promotion code.”
Transportation from the airport to the Chicago Hilton Hotel
There are two major airports in the Chicago Area: Midway Airport (MDW) and O’Hare Airport (ORD)
- Midway Airport is 20-25 minutes from the hotel.
- AirTran Airways, Southwest Airlines, Delta and Frontier fly into Midway.
- A taxi to downtown will cost $26-$32.
- There is a CTA Train from Midway to downtown for only $3.( for more detailed information please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- To take the CTA train from Midway Airport to the Hilton Chicago: Take the CTA ORANGE LINE TRAIN to ROOSEVELT.
Walk 0.5 mile N to the Hilton located at 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.
Visit ground transportation at Midway Airport for more information.
- O’Hare Airport is about 40 -45 minutes from downtown Chicago.
- United Airlines, American Airlines, and many other carriers fly into O’Hare.
- A taxi to downtown will cost $36-$42.
- There is a CTA Train from O’Hare to downtown that will only cost $3.( for more information please email email@example.com)
- To take the CTA train from O’Hare to the Chicago Hilton: Take the CTA BLUE LINE TRAIN (TO 54TH/CERMAK) to JACKSON/DEARBORN. Walk 0.6 miles Southeast to the Hilton located at 720 S MICHIGAN AVE.
Visit ground transportation at O’Hare Airport for more information.
Parking at the Convention
Parking at the Chicago Hilton is $43 per day. However, there are a number of alternative parking garages in the area that charge $11-$20 per day.
Find a reasonably priced parking lot: on the web site fill in the address of the Hilton – 720 South Michigan Avenue – and you be given a choice of dozens of close by parking lots.