|National Alliance on Mental Illness
page printed from
(800) 950-NAMI; email@example.com
Get Involved in NAMI and Support Justice Reform
Other Ways to Support Justice Reform in your Community
- Find out whether there is an existing criminal justice/mental health collaboration group (e.g. a regular gathering of advocates, criminal justice leaders and service providers interested in mental health and justice reform) in your community and if so, offer your assistance and input.
- If you or a loved one have been involved in the justice system, visit your state legislator, mayor, police chief or other local leader and share your story.
- Volunteer to mentor a veteran in your local Veteran’s Treatment Court.
- Volunteer to present during CIT training. Find CIT programs near you.
- Look for a law enforcement agency, court, school or other community agency doing a good job of keeping people with mental illness out of the justice system, and promote their work by writing a thank you letter or a letter to the editor.