Your Role as a NAMI State Organization or NAMI Affiliate Leader
It is with excitement that we announce the availability of the NAMI TV PSA "Monuments" and this accompanying guide.
We recognize that it is the grassroots leadership who are in the position of most intimacy with people who need NAMI. Many of you are engaging in activities to promote your NAMI State Organization or NAMI Affiliate and the fine work and services you provide your communities. It is our goal to provide you with the tools you need to be successful. The TV PSA is one of the tools that we offer to assist in your efforts.
The documents that have been prepared here have been created to make this as easy a process as possible, including:
- A letter to use as follow-up to send to station directors who have received the PSA;
- A letter to use as a thank you to send to station directors who have aired the PSA;
- E-mail and phone script suggestions for follow-up; and more below.
- Facts about "Monuments"
- Things to Do Before PSA Hits the Air
- Requesting a Placement
- Thank You Letter for Airing the PSA
- Follow-up Letter to Public Service Director - mail or email
- Follow-up Letter to Public Service Director - phone
- How to Overcome Objections from Media Gatekeepers
- Sample News Alert About the PSA Launch
- NAMI Factsheet
Remember that in addition to the 900 TV stations who have received the PSA through our NAMI national distribution efforts, additional copies of the PSA are available upon request for your own distribution efforts. To order please contact Katrina Gay, Director of Communications, at email@example.com.