A Conversation on ADHD
With Dr. Michael Houston and
Dr. Ken Duckworth, NAMI Medical Director
Ken Duckworth, M.D., NAMI Medical Director, and Michael Houston, M.D., board certified child psychiatrist, Washington, D.C, had a candid discussion about the typical issues impacting children and adolescents living with ADHD and their families.
Play and scroll through their entire chat on the right, or click on a specific question below.
- What is ADHD?
- At what age do children typically experience the symptoms of ADHD?
- How do families know if their child needs an evaluation for ADHD?
- How do families get an effective evaluation for their child who they are concerned may have ADHD?
- What are strategies teachers can use in a classroom to help a child living with ADHD?
- What are effective services, supports and medications for children living with ADHD?
- How can a child’s strengths be used to manage the symptoms of ADHD?
- What complementary and alternative treatments are used with children and adolescents living with ADHD?
- What are the consequences of undiagnosed or untreated ADHD?
- How does ADHD impact peer relationships and how can this be addressed?
- What issues are commonly seen in young adults living with ADHD?
- What is the relationship between ADHD and substance use?
- How should parents and youth talk about ADHD?