April 7-10, 2011 in Arlington, Va.
The NAMI Standards of Excellence have been designed to improve the health of NAMI at all levels. As a result, NAMI wants to equip NAMI state and affiliate organizations with the knowledge, skills and tools to become a stronger and more vibrant organization. For this reason, NAMI’s Multicultural Action Center will host the 2011 Better Together Multicultural Champions Conference. This conference serves as the launch event of a year-long effort in which select delegations of NAMI State Organizations will commit to developing and implementing an action plan for becoming tangibly more diverse and inclusive.
This conference will provide:
- practical knowledge and skills for imbedding diversity and inclusion throughout your NAMI state and affiliate organizations;
- best practices for expanding your multicultural reach across your state;
- defined strategies for leveraging opportunities and minimizing roadblocks;
- an opportunity to share, strategize and select options that will support affiliate organizations in building their capacity to become diverse and inclusive;
- a customized and actionable diversity and inclusion roadmap to implement over the course of a year, and
- a connection to a coaching cohort, plenty of resources and tools and a year of technical assistance.
See the application packet for further details on eligible applicant delegations from NAMI State Organizations. Interested NAMI State Organizations are encouraged to submit completed applications by e-mail no later than Friday, February 18.
Multicultural Events and Resources of Previous NAMI Conventions:
- NAMI 2010 Annual Convention held in Washington, D.C.
- NAMI 2009 Annual Convention held in San Francisco
- NAMI 2008 Annual Convention held in Orlando
- NAMI 2007 Annual Convention held in San Diego
- Elimintating Disparities: Multicultural Strategic Summit, a special event of the 2006 NAMI Convention in Washington, DC.
NAMI Multicultural Leadership Conference
St. Louis, MO March 28-30, 2008
For the first time, leaders of multicultural efforts from NAMI state organizations and affiliates around the country gathered for a weekend-long conference hosted by the NAMI Multicultural Action Center. The goal of this conference was to provide conference attendees with networking opportunities and the information and tools necesary to carry out strategic initiatives to promote progress in multicultural action at the local level, moving these leaders from good to great through advocacy, cultural competence, and multicultural outreach.
Click here for a recap of the conference including details on sessions and access to PowerPoint presentations and supportive materials utilized during the conference
Click here to view and download materials provided on the resource CD made available to conference attendees.