2015 NAMI Board of Directors Elections
NAMI is pleased to open the call for candidate nominations to the 2015-2016 Board of Directors. The election of new members to the NAMI Board of Directors takes place at the Annual meeting which will be held in conjunction with the Convention in July 2015. Please read the Open Message from the NAMI Board for more information about this year's call for candidates.
Key Facts about the 2015 Elections
Please take note of these important facts when nominating a candidate to run for the NAMI Board:
- Five (5) candidates will be elected to serve for the standard three-year term.
- Nominees must be NAMI members of record and a member of the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization making the nomination.
- Nominations may be made only by NAMI Affiliates and NAMI State Organizations that have submitted their membership and paid dues by the nomination deadline of April 9, 2015.
- Each NAMI Affiliate and NAMI State Organization may nominate no more than one candidate.
- If you are interested in serving on the NAMI Board of Directors, contact your NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization leadership to express your interest. There is NOT an individual application process - members who wish to run for the Board of Directors must be nominated by their Affiliate or State Organization.
- To ensure compliance with NAMI’s Bylaws, 75 percent of the NAMI Board must be “persons who have or have had mental illness, or parents or other relatives thereof.” Candidates will be asked to make a statement to this effect.
The following documents need to be submitted in order to nominate a candidate for the 2015-2016 Board of Directors:
Nominations must be received by NAMI no later than April 9, 2015(90 days prior to the NAMI Annual Convention).
Scanned nomination forms with electronic versions of the letter and minutes may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed packets may also be mailed to:NAMI
Attn: Elections 2015
3803 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22203
Important Resources When Considering Candidate Nominations
Many resources related to serving on a Board of Directors for a national organization like NAMI are available to potential candidates and those nominating them. NAMI recommends these: