NAMI’s Multicultural & International Outreach Partners Coalition
NAMI’s Multicultural & International Outreach Center is bringing together a cadre of national and international partners to join NAMI and its members in meeting the mental health needs of individuals from diverse communities. The primary role of the NAMI MIO Partner Coalition is to support community organizations and NAMI organizations in grassroots activities aimed at addressing mental health needs of racial, ethnic and cultural diverse groups.
By developing and maintaining relationships with organizations that already meet many of the needs of these individuals, NAMI MIO Partners will provide immediate access to community members and opportunities for improved understanding and policies addressing the research, treatment, services, and support needs of these individuals.
NAMI MIO Partner Coalition members will also act as advisors to the Center on strategic initiatives and opportunities. The goal is to ensure that people from all races, cultures, and ethnic groups with mental illness receive the best and most appropriate treatment and services that are available. We hope to eliminate stigma and discrimination, shape governmental policies to better meet the needs of people with mental illness and their family members and ensure that these individuals live with dignity and respect regardless of their ethnic, racial or cultural identities.
- Networking with multicultural and multinational coalition members
- Assistance with addressing mental health needs of organization constituents
- Collaboration on community projects with NAMI’s state organizations and local affiliates
- Use of NAMI’s educational materials for coalition organization’s constituents
- Collaboration on special projects
- Potential for joint funding opportunities
- Access to leading information on mental illness
- NAMI support of advocacy issues relevant to diverse cultures, races and ethnic groups
- Co-sponsoring of special events
For more information or to become a Coalition Partner
contact us at NAMI_MIO@NAMI.ORG.
Alianza Nacional de Salud Mental (Mexico)
Asociacion Argentina de Ayuda a la Persona que Padece de Esquizofrenia y su Familia (APEF)
Asociación Maníaco Depresivos (Colombia)
Asociación Salvadoreña de Familiares y Amigos de Pacientes Esquizofrénicos
Fundacion Luz y Vida (Paraguay)Health Watch Information and Promotion Service, Inc.
INGENIUM (Mexico)Latino Behavioral Health Institute
Massachusetts Mental Health Services Program for YouthNational Organization of People of Color Against Suicide
New Jersey Assian Association for Human Services, Inc.The Alliance for the Mentally Ill of R.O.C., Taiwan Zenkaren (Japan)