NAMI Multicultural Leadership Conference
Based on input from NAMI’s Multicultural Leaders Groups, we have identified 3 major focus areas for this conference:
- policy and advocacy
- cultural competence
- multicultural outreach planning and implementation
Most importantly, the conference will include a hands-on planning session where participants will develop and draft strategies to take back to their NAMI office.
Who Should Apply
- We are inviting NAMI state and affiliate offices with demonstrated commitment to multicultural inclusion to apply.
- Interested states and affiliates are asked to identify 2 individuals to represent them at the event. Ideal representatives include: multicultural state/affiliate leaders (BOD members, Consumer Council representatives, program leaders, etc.) and outreach/diversity staff. We also encourage participation from executive directors or BOD presidents.
- This is a competitive process in which delegations will be selected based on current capacity and/or commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Particular attention will be give to applicant delegations that include members of NAMI’s Multicultural Leaders Groups.
- In addition, NAMI National will have a few slots available to invite individual participants to attend.
- We are extremely pleased to offer each conference participant a travel stipend for the conference. The amount of the travel stipends will be allocated based on travel distance to the conference. The stipend will cover airfare costs and the cost of a shared hotel room for 2 nights.
- Stipends do not include incidentals. Please note that several meals will be provided free of charge during the event (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch, and Sunday breakfast).
Applications are due January 28th. Awards will be announced by February 8th
For more information contact email@example.com