Emergency Department Resource Toolkit
NAMI has recently created an Emergency Department Resource Toolkit of educational brochures around suicide prevention and the emergency department. The Toolkit features three brochures -- one each for individuals who have attempted suicide and their families about the importance of obtaining follow-up care, and one brochure for medical professionals who work in emergency departments. The brochures for individuals who have attempted suicide and their families are also available in Spanish.
- Suicide: Taking Care of Yourself After an Attempt (Individual guide)
- Suicide: Taking Care of Yourself & Your Family After an Attempt (Family guide)
- Suicide: Helping Patients & Their Families (Physician/provider guide)
- Cuidandose depues de un intento de suicidio (Spanish version of individual guide)
- Cuidandose a si mismo y a su familia depues de un intento de suicidio (Spanish version of family guide)
Note: This project is supported by the Suicide Prevention Resource Center and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Related FilesConsumer Guide (PDF File)
Family Guide (PDF File)
Provider Guide (PDF File)
Consumer Guide in Spanish (PDF File)
Family Guide in Spanish (PDF File)