Multicultural Action Center
NAMI Video on African-American Leaders' Mental Health Recovery and Support Perspectives
NAMI proudly presents a short video offering moving testimony from NAMI leaders on their own experiences of mental health recovery and support with hope for all families and individuals living with mental illness to know how to find support through NAMI.
What is it like to live with mental illness? What is recovery? What can someone do to find help?
To download a copy of this video, click the above Vimeo link and scroll down on the page that opens to see a download link that will display several choices of formats to select.
- Biographies of featured NAMI leaders
- NAMI resources on African-American mental health issues
- Sharing Hope: Understanding Mental Health, the NAMI program for building partnership with African-American communities to offer basic education and support.
- Anita Fisher comments on her experience as a featured NAMI leader in the short video, sharing more about the experiences that led her to want to reach out to others by sharing her own story. (recording of 2-28-12 webinar presentation)
- NAMI staff member Lynne Saunders shares her enthusiasm for use of this video in accompaniment to a wide array of NAMI programs and efforts to meaningfully reach and include African-American communities.