The Information HelpLine is an information and referral service which can be reached by calling 1 (800) 950-NAMI (6264), Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m., EST. Business callers, including those seeking particular NAMI staff members, should call 1 (703) 524-7600.
Need help now?
Start with our list of Frequently Asked Questions
You may also e-mail us at email@example.com.
Trained volunteers provide information, referrals, and support to all who have questions about or are affected by serious mental illness.
The Information HelpLine offers:
- Information. We provide general (non-professional) information on illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression; issues affecting children, adolescents & young families; general questions about medication; NAMI programs (such as Family-to-Family and In Our Own Voice); NAMI policy positions (such as mental health parity); and more.
- Referrals. Callers are referred to NAMI State Organizations, NAMI Affiliates and support groups throughout the country and to other organizations serving the needs of those affected by serious mental illness.
- NAMI Legal Resource Service. While NAMI does not have resources to provide individual representation, our Legal Resource Volunteers can connect individuals with attorneys in their local area, please call 1 (800) 950-NAMI (6264).
- Support. Trained volunteers—- consumers and family members -— are in a unique position to offer support and empathy from people who know what it's like and who have "been there."
Help yourself online! Before you call, please visit the sections below to find answers to questions related to:
- General information
- Information about specific mental illnesses
- Information about treatments and supports