Press Release Archive
***** FINAL NOTICE *****
NAMI's Legislative Conference Highlights Mental Illness Agenda
February 4-7, 1999
Bob Carolla or Mary Rappaport 703/524-7600
|For Immediate Release
29 Jan 99
Arlington, VA - The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) will hold its annual legislative conference on February 4-7, 1999 at the Arlington Hilton Hotel, 950 North Stafford Street, Arlington, VA (703-528-6000). Major speakers include:
- Chris Matthews, MSNBC television host and San Francisco Examiner Bureau Chief
- Chris Jennings, Deputy Assistant to the President for Health Policy
- Paul Harrington, Health Policy Director, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions
- Ned McCulloch, Counsel to U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT)
- Richard Nakamura, Ph.D., Deputy Director, National Institute of Mental Health
Major issues include bioethics and research; involuntary restraints and seclusion; managed care and patients rights; the criminalization of mental illness; insurance parity; work incentives; confidentiality; and Medicare.
Advance copies of the full conference agenda and information packets are available on request.