Press Release Archive
NAMI Applauds America's Exemplary Psychiatrists; 20th Anniversary of Awards
May 25, 2010
New Orleans, La.-- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has honored 22 doctors as "Exemplary Psychiatrists" at the American Psychiatric Association (APA) annual conference
in New Orleans.
"We are proud to honor these psychiatrists for their exceptional dedication to people living with mental illness," said NAMI Executive Director Michael J. Fitzpatrick.
NAMI’s "Exemplary Psychiatrists Awards" honor psychiatrists who have "gone the extra mile" in their commitment to excellent care, reducing the stigma surrounding mental illness and working closely with NAMI members in their communities on public education and advocacy.
This is the 20th consecutive year that NAMI has presented the awards.
- Ira D. Glick, M.D. - Stanford
- Michael T. Compton, M.D., M.P.H. - Atlanta
- Branko Radulovacki, M.D. - Atlanta
- Mary Lynn Tyson, M.D. - Augusta
- J. Raymond DePaulo, Jr., M.D. - Baltimore
- Alvin B. Michaels, M.D. - Bingham Farms
- RP Rajarethinam, M.D. - Detroit
- Paul F. Goering, M.D. - St. Paul
- Jeffrey T. Hardwig, M.D. - International Falls
- Stephen Olson, M.D. – Minneapolis
- Nancy T. Block, M.D. - Berkeley Heights
- Vasudev N. Makhija, M.D., D.F.A.P.A. - Linden
- Margaret Tompsett, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A., F.A.A.C.A.P. - Summit
- Nils Rosenbaum, M.D. - Albuquerque
- Lewis A. Opler, M.D., Ph.D. - Mount Vernon
- Nicholas E. Stratas, M.D., D.L.F.A.P.A - Raleigh
- Shivkumar S. Hatti, M.D., M.B.A. - Media
- Mathew Sipple, D.O. - Erie
- Jacqueline Bickham, M.D.- Houston
- John Oldham, M.D. - Houston
- Thomas A. Simpatico, M.D.- Burlington
- James Reinhard, M.D. – Salem
View photos from the 2010 Exemplary Psychiatrist Awards Ceremony
# # #