Stigma Alerts Archive
Fight Stigma: Become A StigmaBuster!
What is NAMI StigmaBusters?
NAMI StigmaBusters is a network of dedicated advocates across the country and around the world who seek to fight inaccurate and hurtful representations of mental illness.
Whether these images are found in TV, film, print, or other media, StigmaBusters speak out and challenge stereotypes. They seek to educate society about the reality of mental illness and the courageous struggles faced by consumers and families every day. StigmaBusters' goal is to break down the barriers of ignorance, prejudice, or unfair discrimination by promoting education, understanding, and respect.
Each month, close to 20,000 advocates receive a NAMI StigmaBusters Alert, and it is read by countless others around the world online. Send it to your own personal and professional networks.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More About Fighting Stigma
- Find out more about NAMI StigmaBusters and how you can report stigma
- Download StigmaBuster materials
Access More Anti-Stigma Resources
- Discover In Our Own Voice, a powerful anti-stigma tool to change hearts, minds, and attitudes about mental illness
- Visit The ADS Center, the Resource Center to Address Discrimination and Stigma established by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Learn about the Campaign for Mental Health Recovery sponsored by SAMHSA and the U.S. Ad Council
Current StigmaBuster Alert