Policy Topics

States with Psychiatric Advance Directives

The states listed below have specifically authorized PADs as of June 1, 2003. If your state is not listed, you can contact your local Protection and Advocacy office (P & A) for information regarding the laws in your state. For a P & A near you, call the National Association of Protection and Advocacy Systems (NAPAS) at 202-408-9514 or go to www.napas.org.

Back to Psychiatric Advance Directives

Back to top