Policy Research Institute
NAMI Comments on Medicaid Funded Home and Community-based Services
June 16, 2011
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have proposed a new rule on Medicaid home and community-based services (HCBS) waivers. This proposed rule would revise the regulations implementing MHCBS waivers under section 1915(c) of the Social Security Act by providing States the option to combine the existing three waiver targeting groups.
The statute also defines Section 1915(c)(5) to include the following core services:
- case management services;
- homemaker services;
- home health aide services;
- personal care services;
- adult day health services;
- habilitation services (including day habilitation and prevocational, educational, and supported services);
- respite care services;
- day treatment or other partial hospitalization services;
- psychosocial rehabilitation services;
- clinic services (whether or not furnished in a facility) for individuals with chronic mental illness; and
- such other services requested by the State as the Secretary may approve.