Policy and Advocacy
NAMI is advocating for the passage of the following federal legistation:
- The Mental Health in Schools Act (HR 628/S. 195)
- This bill would increase federal funding for mental health services in schools, providing more youth with the opportunity to receive support.
- The Keeping All Students Safe Act (HR1893)
- This bill would limit the use of physical restraint and seclusion in schools, which disproportionately affect students with disabilities.
- Please click here to contact your Congressional members and urge them to take action.
For more information about advocacy at the state level, please visit NAMI's State Advocacy Center.
Support NAMI to help millions of Americans who face mental illness every day.
Inspire others with your message of hope. Show others they are not alone.
Share your story
Become an advocate. Register on NAMI.org to keep up with NAMI news and events.
Join NAMI Today