NAMI In Our Own Voice
In Our Own Voice (IOOV) is enjoying a period of tremendous growth! So far this year:
- 77 consumers have been trained to be In Our Own Voice presenters
- 19 consumershave been trained to become IOOV state trainers; four were Spanish-speaking state trainers; and
- More than 520 presentations have been conducted across the country, reaching more than 11,500 individuals from all walks of life.
All of this since Jan. 1! Keep up the great work!
Future coordinator conference calls will be taking place on the following dates (all times are EST):
- Wednesday, July 22 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 2 p.m.
Also, look for announcements on an upcoming trainer refresher conference call and new features directed to the IOOV online message board.
Are you attending the 2009 NAMI Convention? Be sure to attend the Leadership Institute workshop, "IOOV: Marketing the Message." Hear from two IOOV coordinators and Program Director Cynthia Evans, on techniques to recruit presenters, how to find venues for presentations, and the importance of knowing your IOOV program. The new IOOV Presentation Video will be shown during the Education Institute, and as in previous years, an IOOV demonstration will be held. Don’t miss these IOOV activities at the San Francisco NAMI Convention in July.