NAMI understands and appreciates the vital role mental health professionals play in the recovery process for consumers, family members, and friends. To help mental health professionals assist consumers further, NAMI has created this section of the NAMI Web site especially for you. Find the latest on mental health research, mental health news, and resources for consumers and families.
Be sure to bookmark this page, as it will be updated regularly. And to stay up on the latest on mental health, visit www.nami.org/subscribe, sign in, and check the boxes to receive NAMI’s various e-newsletters and alerts.
Resources for Professionals
- Pain Management Without Psychological Dependence: A Guide for Healthcare Providers (PDF, opens in a new window)
- Studies Support Monitored Use of Antidepressants for Children and Adolescents
- Intensive Psychotherapy Effective in Bipolar Treatment
- New study on bipolar disorder (STEP-BD) released
- Latest Schizophrenia Drug Studies: One Size Does Not Fit All
- NIMH Study of Schizophrenia Drugs Requires "New Thinking" in Research, Not Restrictions Based on Cost
- NAMI Critiques Latest Schizophrenia Study: Interesting Science, Bad Policy Tool
- CATIE Phase II Released
- For Depression, A Message of Hope
- Study Looks at Treatment-Resistant Depression
- NAMI’s Scientific Council